Term Dates & Times
The School Day
School is open for pupils from 8.45am-3.15pm (32.5hrs per week). The official school start time is 8.45am, registers close 8.55am. Children should be in school, ready to learn, for 8.45am at the latest. The school day ends at 3.15pm for all classes.
- Pines Class (Reception)
- Parents and carers can bring their child to Pines Classroom at 8:45am. Parents and carers can collect their child at the end of the day from the Pines Classroom door at 3:15pm.
- Willows Class (Year One and Two)
- Children enter school at the start of the day through their cloakroom doors. Parents/carers should please drop children off and collect from the Millennium Garden gate. Doors will be open from 8.45 am and learning starts as soon as the children enter the classroom.
- Hazel Class (Year Three and Four)
- Children enter school through Hazel Cloakroom door at 8:45. Children should be collected from Hazel Cloakroom door at 3:15.
- Oaks Class (Year Five and Six)
- Children enter school through the library door at 8:45. Any parents/carers collecting and dropping off can do so at the Millennium Garden gate.
- Pupils in Y5/6 may walk to and from school unaccompanied with written permission.
- Children arriving late will need to report to the main office.
Please note that the school will open and close at the usual times for all term sessions as detailed in your child’s planner – for clarification: the school day begins at 08.45 each morning and ends at 15.15 each afternoon.
All schools are closed to pupils for five teacher training days in the year. Staff training dates may be subject to change, subject to any new requirements or regulations which may be issued by the DfE or local education authority. You will be given as much notice as possible of any changes to the training days.
REQUEST FOR LEAVE OF ABSENCE
WHAT THE LAW SAYS:
Schools are regularly audited to ensure that they are following government guidelines and policies. Schools are not permitted to authorise any requests for leave of absence in term time unless it is for exceptional circumstances. The following reasons are NOT valid:
- The availability of cheap holidays or accommodation;
- The weather at a particular time of year;
- The holiday happens to overlap the start or end of a school term – this is particularly disruptive to your child’s education at the start of the school year in September.
Information about the term dates for all City of York maintained schools can be found on the City of York Council website.